Benefits of Working With the Carpenters Union
- Large trained workforce
- Diverse training
- Access to multiple offices across the province
- Flexible agreements
- Different agreements for different markets
- Centralized leadership structure
- Networking within peer group
- Stability of the wage rates by area
- One of the largest construction unions in Canada
- True partners in construction
Myths and Realities
- Myth: Huge fee to join the union.
Reality: There is no fee to join the Union as a contractor
- Myth: You sign with the union and your shop and all your work goes union with the building trades.
Reality: The agreement between the carpenters union and your company is only between you and the UBC for carpenters and carpenters apprentices
- Myth: Union will go on strike once you join.
Reality: The Union has a had a stable and great relationship with the employers strike free for over 30 years
- Myth: The benefits are costly.
Reality: The benefits in most cases can cost less .With a larger group plan that’s pooled you get the breaks of a larger plan ,unlike smaller plans and the cost of self insuring